Proverbial sayings from the Bible regarding anger.
* A fool is quick-tempered, but a wise person stays calm when insulted.
* Short-tempered people do foolish things, and schemers are hated.
* People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.
* A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.
* A hot-tempered person starts fights; a cool-tempered person stops them.
* Sensible people control their temper; they earn respect by overlooking wrongs.
* Hot-tempered people must pay the penalty. If you rescue them once, you will have to do it again.
* Don’t befriend angry peple or associate with hot-tempered people, or you will learn to be like them and endanger your soul.
* Mockers can get a whole town agitated, but the wise will calm anger.
* An angry person starts fights; a hot-tempered person commits all kinds of sin.
* As the beating of cream yields butter and striking the nose causes bleeding, so stirring up anger causes quarrels.